Sunday, April 16, 2006

cats emulation

Woo hoo! I got gxemul working with a NetBSD/cats image last night. Going to use this emulator to work on NetBSD's vm manager in an embedded architecture environment. It was actually pretty simple to set up as the documentation leading from the NetBSD software emulators page gave a great walk-through. Also, I've compiled the latest NetBSD -current source tree (after fixing a problem with libc) and now have a -current kernel running on an emulated cats CPU.

And just in case anyone was wondering, no, I didn't build the source tree on the cats CPU, I built it on my AMD Athlon 64-bit 3000+ machine ;]

Also, the reason I'm working on this embedded system is that for this year's Google Summer Of Code I'm wanting to work on a compressed cache subsystem for NetBSD's virtual memory layer. This idea is along the lines of http://linuxcompressed.sourceforge.net

So fingers crossed that I get accepted! Even if I don't, I'm sure I'll have some information to post here soon.

Comments:
Good luck on being accepted mate :D
 
Gracias :D
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]